Given the mission of the school as an agent of Catholic Christian formation, the school will accept only those children whose parents demonstrate an understanding of the specifically Christian nature of the school and a desire to participate in that mission. Specifically, the criteria for entrance and continued enrollment at St. Bonaventure Catholic School are as follows:
Other items that are considered prior to admission into the school are: the length of time the family has been registered in the parish, whether or not the family already has children registered in the school, and whether or not the school can meet the instructional needs of the child. In matters of admission and registration, the decision of the pastor and principal is final. Students entering the early childhood program must be potty trained and meet the following age requirements:
- The family should be registered in the parish. (While we do not exclude families from other parishes, priority is given to St. Bonaventure parishioners.)
- The family members should be practicing Catholics.(While we do not exclude non-Catholic families, priority is given to Catholic families.)
- The family should be involved in the parish ministries and activities.
- The family should regularly support St. Bonaventure Church in proportion to their means. (This is determined through donations and involvement in pledge programs.)
- If the family has school-age children who are not attending St. Bonaventure School or another Catholic school, they should be enrolled in the parish Religious Education program (CCD).
- Entering PK3 - Must be 3 years old on or before September 1st.
- Entering PK4 - Must be 4 years on or old before September 1st.
- Entering Kindergarten - Must be 5 years old on or before September 1st.
- Entering 1st - Must be 6 years old on or before September 1st.